Hello and welcome! I have a fantastic post for you today featuring some of the new Lawn Fawn Spring release products. If you haven't been able to tell by now Lawn Fawn is probably my most loved stamp company. They make quality products and they all tend to mix and work together really well. As you've seen in other posts I mix a lot of my Lawn Fawn stamps, but it always looks cohesive. Today I'm using the Toadally Awesome stamps and the Peekaboo Backdrop die. I was really excited for both of these products and they did not disappoint.
I posted a brief look at the process for this card on my Instagram story. You can find it on my profile page @lifeofacraftydiva. I had seen so many cute examples with this set and the first thing I kept thinking about was water or a pond and my Distress Inks. I really wanted to use the Bayou Backdrop with these cute frogs, but I had not received my order yet. I started with a piece of white Bristol Smooth cardstock. When I take my sheets out of the pad I cut them in quarters so they end up being 4.5x6 since the sheets are 9x12 which is perfect for an A2 size die. I used regular Distress Inks in Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire and blended them from light to dark until I was happy with the color.
I spritzed it with water and used a paper towel to pick up some of the color. Then I used the Peekaboo Backdrop without the door flaps to cut my frame. I wanted the frame to have more splatters on it so I went back in with my spray bottle and paper towel. I really like the Distress Sprayer because you have more control over your drops/spray than you do with a regular spray bottle.
I then used foam tape that I cut into slim strips to line the back side of the frame.
I decided to use a green card base, this particular one is Simon Says Stamp Apple Green. I adhered my die cut frame to the front of the card and started on my images. I stamped multiples of each image. I do this often because I figure I might as well color a whole sheet at once instead of just a few. Now I have left over ones already ready to go. I used my Copic Markers for all of my coloring and die cut them with the coordinating dies.
Next I began creating my scene. While I liked the green under the frame, it didn't scream "pond" at me. I decided to use some of the pieces cut from the frame. I played around with putting elements behind the frame and on top of the frame and combining the frogs in different ways.
There are 3 frogs in this set and I used one in each window. I added lily pads and cat tails, but it still needed something more. So I added the dragonfly, water ripples and a little black fly. Now I was getting somewhere.
My last window was the bottom right one. I knew I wanted to put my sentiment there but I didn't want it to be only the sentiment. I decided on cutting the large frog so that it looked like his head was peeking up over the frame. I cut 2 two sentiment strips and used the "Have a" "hoppy" "birthday" stamps from the set.
I have not been this excited about a card for a long time! this was one of those times where everything came together exactly how I was picturing it. Below are closeups of each window so check them out. I hope you enjoyed this card as I much as I did. If you have questions about anything just leave them in the comments or email me. Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon! XO ~ Amy